news article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/07/31/nintendo_wii_u_sales_new_console_outsold_by_its_own_predecessor.html?wpisrc=flyouts
The Ninetendo company seems to be in a hard time because the company's income is plummeting. The newly introduced Wii U was a way to recover its hard time, but according to the article it seems that it is just a failure. The reason why Wii U came out was partly because the orginal Wii was not doing so well. However, within a year, Wii U had a lower income than the original Wii which came out 6 years ago. Even though Wii U seemed to be a failure for the Ninetendo company, they are going to try Wii U again for its success with the launch of new games.
This article gave me a feeling of pity toward the Nintendo company. The article even had a chart to show its incomes over the year and it was very sad to see. I think the author did a good job of making Nintendo company look bad. I also could not believe that the 6 years ago model was more popular than the newly came out model. I could only think how bad it is. I hope that Nintendo company comes back again and have their success with the new launch on the games.
The structure of this article was plain and simple. It first stated the topic and gave evidences to prove it. The author also put in some of his own analysis as well, but I think it was unnecessary to the whole point. The only difference I saw was the chart. The income chart clearly showed the problem in the income of Nintendo company.
Awwww, poor Nintendo! It seems like you pity Nintendo, but you still spelled Nintendo wrong at least twice! I like how you include what you think about the topic. It seems really ironic how the older version is doing better than the new one, especially since the newer versions are supposed to be better than the older one. I hope Nintendo does not go out of business though! I agree that the Wii U did not seem to be as greatly advertised or used at all. I never hear, "Hey did you get that new Wii U game?" Come to think about it, the only Wii U game I know that is out is the Mario game! Great blog! It was really interesting in a bittersweet way.
ReplyDeleteOh and by the way, don't take what happened today to seriously. It was hilarious.
Your Commentary was very informative. It contained a clear point of view, a good summary, and interesting tidbits in your last paragraph. I can see how you have adapted to this style of commentating and it is a very good format. Even though I would like to see more/deeper analysis, I enjoyed reading everything else.
ReplyDeleteNice article choice. I, too, was surprised to hear that the original Wii is actually outselling the newer Wii U. For the commentary, you did a nice job describing your opinions regarding the low Wii U sales. However, I think you could have expanded your analysis a little more. There were also a few grammatical and spelling errors (you misspelled Nintendo twice). Otherwise, your commentary is well-written.
ReplyDelete