News Article: http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/07/22/microsoft_crisis_stock_plunging_ballmer_under_attack.html
This article was quite shoking to read. The company that was considered as the leading company of technology is failed to remain stable and its stock crashed. There was a chart showing this and the image is very mind-blowing. I never thought that Microsoft could go so low. The cause of this downfall is the 900 million dollars worth of inventory. The company stated that they won't be able to sell this inventory, which means that the company would suffer the loss of 900 million dollars. Also the new trend of Chromebooks is "attacking" Microsoft in markets, according to the author.
In my point of view, I believe that Microsoft cannot rise up again. There just too many rivals in the techonology market. Apple is one example that threatens Microsoft. Apple company exceeds the quality of Microsoft, I think. Microsoft needs to improve more to survive. However, I think that is beyond the ability of Microsoft. I think it is just a matter of time before Microsoft goes bankrupt.
The author of this article did a very good job of how crazy this incident is. By showing the charts of the past and this week, the crashed stock becomes clear to anyone. The author also stated the reasons why it fell so radically. The author also put in the information about the issue of the board seat. This was another interesting story, but I think it was little unrelated to the topic. I think if he stated something that connects the two story, it would have been better.
As a previous Microsoft user I found this article quite interesting. Because of our constantly evolving technology it's not surprising to me that there was a crash in the stock. I agree with your stance on how Microsoft will not rise up because of many other leading competitors such as Apple. Although my opinion is somewhat biast because I myself am an Apple user, I believe that because of the expansion of iPads, tablets and other highly advanced gadgets, Microsoft will never be as successful as it once that been. Your commentary was relevant, but you could have provided more information on how other companies are threatening Microsoft. Also you could elaborate more on how the stock began to crash.
ReplyDelete